These lamb chops have a fruity flavour thanks to added apricot!
- 8 lamb mid-loin chops (1kg), trimmed
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 40 g sachet dried French onion soup mix
- 1 ½ cups apricot nectar
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup dried apricots
- 80 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- cooked pearl couscous, to serve
- Season lamb with pepper.
- Heat an oiled, flameproof roasting pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Pour over combined soup sachet, apricot nectar and water. Scatter over apricots.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°c) for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until lamb is cooked. Stir in spinach.
- Serve with couscous.
If you don’t have a flameproof roasting pan, brown chops in a frying pan then transfer to an ovenproof casserole dish.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||23.4 g|
|- Sugars||22.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|