This chicken paprika rice is great for a quick dinner meal. Paprika adds an extra kick for your tastebuds.
- 450 g packet family-sized microwave long-grain rice
- 500 g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2 cm slices
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 410 g can canned chopped tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Heat rice according to packet directions for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep, non- stick frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until lightly browned and just cooked. Remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over
a medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until soft. Add paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add rice to pan with tomatoes and stock. Season. Bring to boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Return chicken to pan with peas. Stir until combined. Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||43.3 g|
|- Sugars||8.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.8 g|