- Serves 4
Enjoy these delicious Mexican mushrooms that are real crowd pleasers!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 tsp fajita seasoning mix
- 2 tbsps water
- 425 g canned black beans, mashed
- 1 ⅓ cup four cheese sauce mix
- 8 fresh mushrooms (90g each)
- cooking oil spray
- guacamole to serve
- sour cream to serve
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in seasoning and water. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in beans. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Trim stalks from mushrooms. Discard. Spray oil all over mushrooms. Place stem-side up on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Divide filling evenly among mushrooms. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cook in a hot oven (200°c) for about 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted.
- Serve with guacamole and sour cream.
If you prefer, use a blend of grated mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan cheeses.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||50.9 g|
|- Sugars||9.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.2 g|