- Serves 4
These deliciously cheesy steak burgers are a classic favourite.
- 1 kg bag frozen oven fries
- 500 g beef stir-fry strips
- 2 tbsps barbecue seasoning
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion halved and thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum cut into thin strips
- 1 ½ cups grated tasty cheese
- 4 large hamburger buns halved and toasted
- sliced tomato to serve
- shredded iceberg lettuce to serve
- barbecue sauce to serve
- Cook fries according to packet directions.
- Meanwhile, toss beef with seasoning and half the oil in a bowl.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add beef in two batches. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove. Cover lightly with foil to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in same frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until onion is soft and golden.
- Return beef to pan. Stir until combined. Sprinkle over cheese. Reduce to a medium to low heat. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Spoon beef mixture evenly over bases of rolls. Top with tomato, lettuce and sauce. Replace tops. Serve with fries.
For a change, replace beef with chicken stir-fry strips. Once cheese is added to beef mixture, allow about 4 to 5 minutes to melt.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||115.4 g|
|- Sugars||11.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||11.3 g|