- Serves 6
These garlicky pies are delicious and filling, perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- 1 ½ sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1.2 kg chicken thigh fillet, trimmed, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 200 g shortcut bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh sage leaves
- ¾ cup white wine
- 1 ½ cups pure cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tbsps cornflour
- To make filling, toss chicken and garlic in a large bowl. Season. Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in three batches. Cook, turning, until browned all over. Remove.
- Add leeks, bacon and sage. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until leeks are soft. Add wine. Reduce by half. Return chicken with cream and mustard. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Add corn our blended with 2 tbsps water. Stir for about 5 minutes, or until boiling and thickened. Divide among six ovenproof dishes (1 1⁄4-cup capacity). Place on an oven tray.
- Cut 1 1⁄2 pastry sheets into six squares. Place one square on top of each dish. Press edges to seal. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220°c) for about 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden. Serve.
Filling can be made up to two days ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge. Reheat before placing in dishes.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||28.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||34.5 g|
|- Sugars||3.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|