- Serves 10
This cake is a perfect companion to your morning coffee.
- 125 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 100 g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- 2 tbsp coffee liqueur
- Invert base of a 20cm round springform pan. Grease and line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edge.
- To make streusel, place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse to form coarse crumbs.
- Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until just combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add combined sifted flours and cinnamon and buttermilk in two batches. Stir until smooth.
- Spoon half the mixture into prepared pan. Smooth over top. Sprinkle over half the streusel. Using a flat-bladed knife, lightly swirl streusel through mixture. Repeat with remaining cake mixture and streusel.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160°c) for about 1 hour, or until cooked when tested. Remove. Stand in pan for 15 minutes. Remove side of pan. Transfer to a wire cake rack to cool.
- To make coffee cream, beat cream and liqueur in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Serve cake with coffee
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.2 g|
|- Sugars||31.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.7 g|