This Mexican pizza bake has crunchy corn chips and mushy avocado for a variety of flavours and textures.
- 500 g beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 35 g sachet taco seasoning mix
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g canned black beans, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 250 g cheese-flavoured corn chips
- 1 ½ cups grated pizza cheese blend
- ½ small green capsicum, thinly sliced
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- chopped avocado to serve
- aioli to serve
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add beef and garlic. Cook, stirring, breaking up mince, for
about 5 minutes, or until changed in colour.
- Stir in seasoning, water and paste. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened and liquid
is absorbed. Stir in beans. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Spoon corn chips over base of a round ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over 1 cup of the cheese. Spread beef mixture over cheese. Scatter over capsicum, onion and remaining cheese.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°c) for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and beef is hot.
- Top pizza bake with avocado. Drizzle over aioli.
Mince mixture can be made up to one day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Reheat until hot. Try adding sliced jalapenos with the capsicum for a spicy zing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||18.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||55.1 g|
|- Sugars||6.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||15.0 g|