These super-thin, crunchy fries have a delicious spicy salt that will add some flavour to your regular chip side-serving.
- 4 medium brushed potatoes (800g)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Peel potatoes. Wash under cold water. Pat dry with absorbent paper.
- Using a 5mm vegetable grater, grate potatoes into long, thin strands. Place on a tray lined with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Heat enough oil in a large wok to deep-fry over a high heat until hot. Add potatoes in four batches. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- To make spicy salt, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Serve potato straw fries sprinkled with spicy salt.
Brushed potatoes and Golden Delight potatoes are best suited to this recipe.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||10.1 g|
|- Sugars||0.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.9 g|