Chicken nuggets are a classic party fave, and so are corn chips. This recipe combines both nuggets and corn chips for a crunchy crowd pleaser.
- 500 g chicken breast fillets
- 200 g cheese-flavoured corn chips
- ⅓ cup plain flour
- 2 tbsps fajita seasoning mix
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- olive oil spray
- sour cream to serve
- sweet chilli sauce to serve
- Cut chicken into 3cm pieces, about 1.5cm thick.
- Pulse corn chips in a food processor to form coarse crumbs. Transfer to a shallow dish.
- Combine our, spice mix and garlic powder in a large bowl. Dust chicken pieces in seasoned our. Shake off excess.
- One at a time, dip in eggs then coat in corn chips, pressing firmly onto chicken pieces. Place on a large oven tray lined with baking paper. Spray oil over top.
- Cook in a moderately hot oven (190°c) for about 20 minutes, or until lightly golden and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve nuggets with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.
You can use any variety of corn chips in this recipe and replace fillets with tenderloins. Chicken nuggets can be crumbed up to several hours ahead. Cover loosely and refrigerate
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40.7 g|
|- Sugars||2.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.7 g|