- Serves 6
This fritter recipe is perfect for an entrée packed with sweet potato, corn, onion, cheese and coriander. Served with tomato relish, they're delicious!
- 400 g sweet potato, peeled, coarsely grated
- 420 g canned corn kernels, drained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 100 g salted corn tortilla chips, crushed
- vegetable oil, plus extra for shallow frying
- tomato relish to serve
- fresh coriander to garnish
- Using your hands, squeeze out liquid from potato. Transfer potato to a large bowl.
- Add corn, onion, coriander, flour and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Whisk eggs and sour cream in a jug until combined. Add to potato mixture. Mix well. Just before starting to cook fritters, stir in corn chips.
- Heat enough oil in a large, deep frying pan to shallow-fry over a medium heat until hot. Add 1⁄4 cup mixture, spreading slightly to make a fritter (about 7cm in diameter). Repeat to make three more.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture to make about 20 fritters in total.
- Serve warm fritters with tomato relish. Garnish with coriander.
To keep fritters warm, place on an oven tray. Cover loosely with foil. Place in a very slow oven (120°c)
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||49.6 g|
|- Sugars||7.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.5 g|