With a cook time of only 3 minutes, this is one of the easiest hot pot recipes! Enjoy delicious chicken, spicy noodles and choy sum on a winter's night.
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 x 80 g chilli noodles
- 500 g chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 150 g Swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh baby choy sum, trimmed, halved, stems discarded
- 3 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- Place water and soy in a stockpot over a high heat. Stir in one of the chilli powder sachets (if you like it hot, add both) from one of the noodle packets and remaining seasoning sachets and oil from both noodle packets. Bring to boil.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, noodles and choy sum stems. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and noodles are tender.
- To serve, divide choy sum leaves and onions among four bowls. Ladle in hot pot.
We used Indomie Instant Noodles, which has seasoning powder, chilli powder, seasoning oil, sweet soy sauce and fried onion sachets.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.9 g|
|- Sugars||2.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|