This chicken pie recipe is sure to please the whole family on a winter's night! A slightly crispy potato topping gives way to a deliciously creamy filling packed with vegies.
- 1.5 kg Dutch cream potatoes, peeled
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 5 cups diced vegies
- 750 g lean chicken mince
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp dried marjoram
- 300 ml thickened cream
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180°c (160°c fan forced). Lightly grease a 2.5L pie dish. Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 15-20 min or until tender. Drain well and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pan and spray with olive oil. Add leek and vegies and fry for 2-3 min. Add mince and cook for 3 min, adding a little water if needed to prevent catching.
- Sprinkle flour over and gradually add stock, mixing until combined. Simmer for 5 min, stirring occasionally. Add herbs and 3⁄4 cup of the cream. Season to taste and spoon into prepared dish.
- Meanwhile, mash the drained potatoes, add the rest of the cream and mash again until smooth. Pipe or spoon mashed potato over the top of the pie. Drizzle with a little melted butter. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake for 15-20 min. Serve with steamed greens.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||41.4 g|
|- Sugars||3.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.9 g|