This delicious chicken recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner. Spicy quinoa adds a kick to the chicken, and can be served with coriander yoghurt.
- 750 g chicken breast fillets, malleted
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups tricolour quinoa blend
- 2 tbsps butter chicken sauce
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400 g canned chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup coriander, chopped
- Place the chicken breasts in a large non-reactive bowl with lemon juice and zest, garlic powder and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir to combine and allow to marinate for 10 min, longer if time permits.
- Place quinoa in a large saucepan, add 21⁄2 cups water and the curry paste. Bring to the boil, cover and reduce heat. Cook for 10 min. Allow to stand for 15 min before using a fork to separate grains. Stir through tomatoes, chickpeas and coriander. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue or stovetop grill pan to medium-high and fry chicken for 4 min each side or until cooked through. Slice chicken and serve over quinoa. Top with a dollop of yoghurt and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Try this with coriander yoghurt. Combine 1 cup natural yoghurt with 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||42.0 g|
|- Sugars||1.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.8 g|