- Serves 4
Hearty and filling, this delicious pie is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 1 onion, grated
- 8 spring onions, cut into 1 cm slices
- 2 bunches English spinach, stems removed, washed, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 250 g feta cheese, crumbled or grated
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 sheets puff pastry, partially thawed
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Grease a shallow 16cm x 26cm pan with butter or oil. Place onion, spring/green onions and 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook for 4-5 min or until tender. Add spinach and cook over a low heat for 10 min. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, place the eggs, feta, parmesan and cooled spinach mix. Season with pepper and mix well.
- Line base and sides of pan with one and a half pieces of puff pastry, cutting and joining as needed. This should leave a 13 cm x 24cm piece of pastry.
- Fill dish with the egg mixture, fold in the sides and top with the remaining piece of pastry. Brush well with beaten egg and score the top with a diagonal pattern. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 20-25 min. Stand 10 min before cutting. Serve with a mixed salad and tomato chutney. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||27.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||77.3 g|
|- Sugars||6.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.4 g|