- Serves 6
This is a hearty and warming soup recipe that is perfect as an entrée or a light meal. Enjoy with bread of your choice and a dash of sour cream.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 medium red onions, finely chopped
- 800 g canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 400 g canned chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked
- 3 cups kale, shredded
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan. Add sweet potato and onion. Cook for 4-5 min over low heat, stirring often.
- Add the tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer for 15 min.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook for a further 10 min. Season with pepper. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, chopped coriander and bread of your choice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||35.5 g|
|- Sugars||11.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.3 g|