This is a perfect soup-to-go for work lunch. Enjoy in winter if you want a warming dish.
- 4 veal osso bucco (or gravy beef), seasoned
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 litres beef stock (or vegetable stock)
- 4 fresh beetroots, peeled, sliced
- 2 Desiree potatoes, diced
- ½ cup pesto
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a extra-large, deep saucepan over high heat. Brown osso bucco for 2 min each side.
Remove and set aside.
- Add leek, celery, carrot, garlic and dried basil, cook for 10 min or until lightly browned. Return osso bucco and add stock. Cover with lid, reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hr
- Remove meat with tongs. Set aside to cool. Add
beetroot and potato and cook, covered for 40 min or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, remove meat from bones and stir into soup with half the pesto. Simmer for a further 5 min. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls with a dollop of sour cream and a spoonful of the remaining pesto. Garnish with basil leaves.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||11.5 g|
|- Sugars||5.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.6 g|