This fragrant and flavoursome curry is the perfect family dish for a winter's night. Enjoy with rice.
- 1.5 kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 6 medium Desiree potatoes (1 kg) peeled and quartered
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 x 375 g balti curry sauce
- 410 g canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 165 ml canned light coconut milk
- 100 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- steamed basmati rice, to serve
- fresh coriander, chopped to garnish
- Place chicken, potatoes, onion, sauce, tomatoes and ginger in a removable bowl of a 5 to 6-litre capacity slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 5 hours. Stir in coconut milk. Cook, covered, for a further 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and potatoes are tender. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Serve with rice. Garnish with coriander.
The simmer sauce is available from the Indian section of major supermarkets. Curry can be made up to two days ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||25.6 g|
|- Sugars||8.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.4 g|