- Serves 8
These lamb chops have an irresistible smoky taste & are accompanied by a sweet potato mash instead of a regular mash. Delish!
- 2 kg lamb chump chops, trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 40 g smoky barbecue seasoning
- ⅔ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 beef stock cube (12g), crumbled
- ¼ cup water
- sweet potato, mashed
- rocket leaves, to serve
- Cook lamb in three batches, adding 1 tbsp oil with each batch. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add lamb. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Transfer lamb to a removable bowl of a 5 to 6-litre capacity slow cooker.
- Add combined rub, sauce, vinegar, garlic, stock cube and water. Turn lamb to coat. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for about 5 hours, or until lamb is tender.
- Serve with mashed sweet potato and rocket leaves.
To make mash, cook chopped sweet potato in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Mash with milk and butter. Add chopped chives for extra flavour.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||11.9 g|
|- Sugars||8.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.6 g|