Deliciously cheesy and packed with roast vegies, this is the ultimate entrée.
- ½ butternut pumpkin
- 1 eggplant (300g)
- 2 medium zucchini (300g)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250 g smooth ricotta tub
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- ¾ cup mozzarella grated
- rocket leaves to serve
- bread to serve
- Cut pumpkin into six 1cm- thick slices. Peel slices. Arrange in a single layer on a large
microwave-safe plate. Cover. Microwave on High for about 5 minutes, or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, cut eggplant into 12 x 1cm- thick rounds. Cut zucchini diagonally into 12 x 1cm-thick slices. Combine oil and garlic in a small bowl. Brush evenly over eggplant and zucchini.
- Heat an oiled grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add eggplant and zucchini in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 6 minutes, or until tender. Remove.
- Combine ricotta and pesto in a medium bowl.
- Place half the eggplant slices in a lightly oiled, large roasting pan. Spread each with 1 tbsp of ricotta mixture. Top with pumpkin. Repeat layering with remaining eggplant and ricotta mixture. Arrange two zucchini slices in a criss-cross shape on each one. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°c) for about 15 minutes, or until tops are golden.
- Serve with rocket leaves and crusty bread.
Try replacing mozzarella with sliced haloumi. Fresh basil pesto is available from the dip section of supermarkets.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||72.6 g|
|- Sugars||12.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.9 g|