- Serves 6
This scrumptious, sticky meal will be perfect for a weeknight dinner. Your family will love its sweet flavour.
- ¼ cup cornflour
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 chicken wings
- 2 tbsps peanut oil
- chopped peanuts, to serve
- sliced cucumber, to serve
- steamed rice, to serve
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- To make sauce, stir sugar and water in a large saucepan over a low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Gently boil for about 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cool.
- Meanwhile, combine corn our and chilli powder in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss one wing at a time in corn our mixture. Shake off excess.
- Place in a single layer in a large roasting pan lined with baking paper. Drizzle with oil.
- Cook in a hot oven (200°c) for about 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked through. Pour over sauce. Toss to coat. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle peanuts over chicken. Serve with cucumber and rice (optional).
Sauce will thicken on cooling, so coat chicken once it’s cooked. Sauce can be made up to one day ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||60.3 g|
|- Sugars||38.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.7 g|