- Serves 6
This deliciously fruity crumble will be your next favourite dessert…
- 6 ripe Beurre Bosc pears, peeled
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 140 g packet Werther's Original candies
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 100 g cold unsalted butter, chopped
- Lightly grease an ovenproof dish (8-cup capacity).
- Cut pears into quarters. Remove and discard cores. Cut each quarter in half.
- Place pears and sugar in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a prepared dish. Scatter over frozen raspberries
- To make crumble, pulse candies in a food processor until coarsely crushed. Set aside 1/3 cup. Add flour, coconut, oats and butter to remaining candies in food processor. Pulse to form coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over pears and raspberries. Top with reserved 1/3 cup candies.
- Cook in moderate oven (180°C) for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve with ice-cream.
Cooking time of pears may vary depending on their ripeness. Ensure butter is cold when making crumble.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||20.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||55.9 g|
|- Sugars||38.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||11.5 g|