Rather than a big cobbler, why not make smaller ones? No one will be fighting for their piece, though they may want seconds…
- 830 g tinned apricot halves in juice, drained
- 1 cup prepared vanilla custard
- 410 g canned peach slices in juice, drained
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 100 g cold unsalted butter finely chopped
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup flaked almonds
- To make topping, combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add milk and almonds. Stir until mixture just comes together. (Do not over-mix.)
- Divide apricots and peaches among six ovenproof dishes (1-cup capacity). Pour 2 tblsps custard into each dish. Spoon topping evenly over fruit. Place on an oven tray
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for about 25 minutes, or until topping is golden brown. Remove. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot cobbler with extra custard.
Try making a large cobbler by replacing dishes with a 10-cup capacity ovenproof dish.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||66.9 g|
|- Sugars||42.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.6 g|