These French toast fingers are the perfect leisurely brekky with a delish Nutella sauce.
- ½ unsliced bread
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- ¼ cup milk
- Cut bread into 6 x 2cm-thick slices. Cut each slice into 3 equal fingers.
- Whisk eggs, milk and ¼ cup sugar in a bowl. Pour into a large shallow dish. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon in a separate shallow dish.
- Place half the fingers into egg mixture, turning occasionally, for about 30 seconds. Remove, allowing excess egg mixture to drip away. Transfer to a tray. Repeat with remaining fingers.
- Melt half the butter and oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat until butter starts to foam. Add half the fingers. Cook for about 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden brown. Remove. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Wipe pan clean. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- To make sauce, stir spread and milk in saucepan over a low heat until warm.
- Serve fingers with sauce.
French toast fingers are best served immediately.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||25.4 g|
|- Sugars||16.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|