Baby Mac's simple new scone recipe is absolutely delish and includes a surprising secret ingredient!
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 250 g pitted dates, finely chopped
- 300 ml ginger beer
- Pre-heat oven to 200°c. Place the self raising flour, the cream, the dates and the ginger beer into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix roughly by hand before tipping out onto a well-floured bench (it will be quite sticky, so I added another handful of flour to dry out the mixture a little if needed).
- Flatten down until the dough is about an inch thick. Cut out until you have used up all your dough, then roll back together and flatten out until all the dough has been used.
- Place onto a baking tray or sheet close together so when they bake they all stick together on the sides and bake upwards, supporting each other.
- Bake for 12-15 mins or until golden brown.
To chop dates, I throw them in the food processor (because I am lazy and always looking for a shortcut) but you can chop by hand if you like.
I don't always have a scone cutter but most definitely always have a champagne glass on hand, I dipped a champers flute in the flour and made that the cutter.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||48.7 g|
|- Sugars||16.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|