- Serves 2
The egg that broke the internet! Here’s how to master it.
- 4 shortcut bacon rashers
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
- split toasted English muffins to serve
- fresh baby spinach leaves to serve
- Trace two 8cm circles onto a sheet of baking paper. Place on a large, greased oven tray, trace-side down.
- Cook bacon in a lightly oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat, for about 2 minutes each side, or until crisp. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes on an oven tray. Drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220°C) for about 8 minutes, or until blistered.
- Beat whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold in chives. Season.
- Divide mixture between circles. Gently spread to edge. Using the back of a spoon, make a small indent in the centre of each one.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220°C) for about 5 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven. Working quickly but carefully, slide a yolk into centre of each cloud. Return to oven. Cook for 3 minutes, or until yolks are just set.
- Immediately lift clouds onto muffins. Serve with tomatoes, spinach and bacon.
Serve clouds as soon as they’re cooked, as they deflate on standing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||15.9 g|
|- Sugars||3.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|