You can't beat a classic lamb kebab lunch or dinner, but just wait until you try this amazing feta dill sauce.
- 650 g diced lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tsp dried mint
- 8 x 16 cm wooden skewers, soaked
- 1 cup risoni
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes
Feta dill sauce
- 200 g Danish feta
- ½ cup Greek-style natural yoghurt
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- Combine lamb with garlic, 1 tblsp of the vinegar, half the oil and half the
mint in a medium bowl. Season. Toss to combine. Thread lamb onto skewers.
- Cook risoni in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 8 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil.
- Add remaining oil to same pan over a medium to high heat. Add tomatoes. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. Crumble feta into a medium bowl. Add yoghurt, 2 tbsps of the dill, remaining mint and vinegar. Whisk until combined. Season with pepper.
- Serve kebabs with tomatoes, risoni and sauce. Garnish with remaining dill.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||63.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||49.0 g|
|- Sugars||5.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.8 g|