We're loving this easy-to-make, cheesy cottage bake that's an ideal weeknight family dinner.
- 1 kg frozen mashed potatoes
- 1 ½ cups grated tasty cheese
- 500 g chicken mince
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps mild curry powder
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 cups boiling water
- 165 ml canned light coconut milk
- 2 small chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 500 g frozen mixed vegetables
- Prepare mash according to packet directions. Stir in cheese.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, large, non- stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken and onion. Cook, stirring and breaking up mince, for about 4 minutes, or until browned.
- Add curry powder. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add our. Stir until combined. Add water, coconut milk
and stock cubes. Bring to boil.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Stir in frozen vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into an ovenproof dish (14-cup capacity).
- Spread mash over chicken mixture. Rough with a fork.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220°C) for about 20 minutes, or until golden. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||18.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||62.0 g|
|- Sugars||5.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||11.0 g|