- Serves 12
This delicious old-fashioned tea cake is brimming with country hospitality and flavour, with all the benefits of olive oil instead of butter.
- cooking oil spray to grease
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil plus extra 1 tbsp
- 1 cup raw caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 125 ml milk
- ¼ cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 22cm round cake tin with cooking oil and
line with baking paper. Put olive oil and caster sugar in a bowl and whisk until frothy. Add eggs, vanilla and orange blossom water, then whisk for 2 minutes or until sugar begins to dissolve.
- In alternating batches, add flour and milk to olive oil mixture, stirring gently until smooth after each addition. Spoon mixture into prepared tin and bake for
45 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Remove cake from tin. Transfer to a wire rack, then brush top with extra oil. Combine icing sugar and cinnamon. Sift over cake. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||36.3 g|
|- Sugars||20.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g|