- Serves 4
Kids will love this monster- sized cookie and speedy homemade lemonade. Bam! Cut it into slices like a cake or let the kids have at it with little hands.
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced (to make 240mL juice)
- ½ cup caster sugar, plus extra 150g
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- ¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- icing sugar mixture to dust
- 600 ml sparkling mineral water
- 2 cups ice cubes and mint sprigs
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan- forced (180°C conventional). Lightly dust a 23cm round fluted silicone pan with flour. Put on an oven tray large enough to sit level. Put butter, zest, sugars, nutmeg and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat for 5 minutes or until very light, fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well. Beat in poppy seeds. Sift in bicarb and flour. Fold until a smooth batter forms. Press into prepared pan, smoothing top with a pallet knife. Bake for 35 minutes or until dark golden and just firm to touch. Cool completely in pan.
- Meanwhile, combine extra sugar and 1⁄2 of the juice in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high/100% for 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Add remaining juice, transfer to a large jug and mix with mineral water, ice cubes and mint.
- Turn out cookie, dust lightly with icing sugar and cut into wedges. Serve with lemonade.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||91.3 g|
|- Sugars||52.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.1 g|