This nourishing salad contains lamb amongst delicious vegies and crunchy pine nuts for texture. You'll love this for a scrumptious dinner or lunch option.
- 1 bunch cooked baby beetroot trimmed
- cooking spray
- 200 g lamb fillet trimmed of excess fat
- olive oil cooking spray
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups mint leaves
- 1 celery stick diagonally sliced
- ½ orange flesh removed
- 6 radicchio leaves, sliced lengthways
- 1 tbsp pine nuts toasted (see tip)
- 10 g shredded Parmesan
- 2 x 50 g sourdough bread rolls to serve
- 2 Tbsp buttermilk
- ½ orange juiced
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 C (fan-forced). Wash the beets, keeping the roots
attached. Pat dry with paper towel. Spray the beets with cooking spray and wrap
in foil. Place on a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes or until the beets are
tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Peel off the skins and cut the beets into
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill pan on medium-high heat. Spray the lamb all
over with the cooking spray. Season with pepper. Add the lamb to the chargrill
and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, for medium. Transfer to a plate,
cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the mint leaves, celery, orange, raddichio leaves and pine nuts in a
large bowl. Diagonally slice the lamb and add to the salad with the beet wedges.
Toss to combine.
- Buttermilk dressing: Whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Divide the salad between serving bowls or plates. Drizzle over the dressing.
Sprinkle over the pine nuts. Serve.
To toast the pine nuts, place in a small non-stick frying pan and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted.
PER SERVE: 2044kJ, protein 34g, fat 15.9g (sat fat 3.6g), carbs 46g, fibre 13g, sodium 500mg. Carb exchange 3. Estimated GI low. Gluten-free option.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.7 g|
|- Sugars||12.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||10.5 g|