These crunchy bikkies are delicious – not only are they citrusy, but they're nutty too. They're absolutely perfect when paired with an afternoon cuppa.
- 80 g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 40 g plain flour
- 45 g rice flour
- 1 tsp finely ground ginger
- 60 g walnuts finely chopped
- finely grated zest 1 orange
- 80 ml honey
- 40 g light margarine melted
- 60 ml fresh orange juice
- Combine the flours, ginger and 50g of the chopped walnuts in a medium bowl. Stir in the orange zest. Add the honey, margarine and orange juice and stir until well combined. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170°C (fanforced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Shape heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture into small balls. Place balls on trays and press down slightly with your fingers. Sprinkle a little of the reserved walnuts over each.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are just cooked. Set aside on the trays for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
PER SERVE 316kJ, protein 1g, total fat 2.8g (sat. fat 0.3g), carbs 11g, fibre 1g, sodium 34mg, Carb exchanges 2⁄3, GI estimate medium.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||10.5 g|
|- Sugars||3.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.6 g|