- Serves 2
A stir-fry is a classic easy weeknight dinner meal – but mix things up a bit this week with a citrusy twist! You'll love this take with orange and honey.
- 85 g Doongara rice
- ½ tsp cornflour
- juice ½ orange
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 3 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce (or gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 300 g lean beef rump steak trimmed thinly sliced
- 2 rosemary sprigs leaves removed
- 1 brown onion cut into thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ small red chilli seeded thinly sliced
- 200 g broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 large zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp water
- Cook rice in a small saucepan of simmering water for 10-12 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine cornflour and juice in a small bowl. Stir in the water, soy sauce and honey. Set aside. Heat half the oil in a large wok over high heat until just smoking. Add beef and rosemary and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until beef is just cooked. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the wok over medium-high. Add onion, garlic, chilli, broccoli and zucchini. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add water, cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Add sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Toss in beef and juices. Serve with rice.
PER SERVE 2049kJ, protein 41g, total fat 9.9g (sat. fat 2.3g), carbs 54g, fibre 9g, sodium 371mg, Carb exchanges 3 2/3, GI estimate low, Gluten-free option.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||59.6 g|
|- Sugars||19.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.8 g|