Sometimes you just want something with a bit more of a kick for dessert. With alcohol and chilli flakes, this mug certainly takes the cake! Ready in just 5 mins.
- ⅓ cup (50g) plain flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) skim milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Marsala
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 scoop vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Combine flour, brown sugar and cocoa powder in a 1-cup capacity mug.
- Add vegetable oil, milk, egg, Marsala and vanilla essence to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate and chilli flakes until combined.
- Cook on high (70%) in microwave for 2 mins – it will rise over the rim as it cooks.
- Carefully remove mug from microwave – it will be hot to touch, so ensure you use oven mitts or a tea towel.
- Enjoy warm with some spoonfuls of vanilla ice-cream.
Swap Marsala for Baileys or Kahlua for a change.
Drizzle with Marsala when cooked if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||22.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||90.3 g|
|- Sugars||52.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.5 g|