When the weather gets chilly in the US, many turn to pumpkin spice lattes – made with the spices put into the classic pumpkin pie. Bring the classic flavour to your Aussie kitchen with this hot cup of cake.
- ⅓ cup (50g) plain flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp caramel topping, plus extra for drizzling
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 scoop vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Combine flour, brown sugar and spices in a 1-cup capacity mug.
- Add vegetable oil, milk, egg, caramel and vanilla essence to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Cook mug on high (70%) in microwave for 2 mins – it will rise over the rim as it cooks.
- Carefully remove mug from microwave – it will be hot to touch, so ensure you use oven mitts or a tea towel.
- Enjoy warm with some spoonfuls of vanilla ice-cream and extra caramel topping.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||84.3 g|
|- Sugars||48.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.9 g|