- Serves 6
Spice up your weeknight with these simple, quick-to-make Mexican fajitas. You'll love the spicy flavours and the creamy, mushy guacamole and feta. Delish!
- 750 g beef rump steak trimmed thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 green spring onions cut into 5cm lengths
- warmed flour tortillas to serve
- crumbled fetta to serve
- thinly shredded red cabbage to serve
- lime cut into wedges to serve
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 3 green spring onions
- 1 large tomato deseeded finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- To make guacamole, peel and deseed avocados. Coarsely mash flesh in a medium bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate.
- Toss beef with seasoning and half the oil in a bowl.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add beef in three batches. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cooked. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add onions to same hot pan with remaining oil over a medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add to beef. Toss to combine.
- Top tortillas with beef, onions, guacamole, feta and cabbage. Serve with lime wedges.
If short on time, replace rump steak with beef stir-fry strips. We heated our tortillas in a frying pan over a medium to high heat.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||13.8 g|
|- Sugars||6.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.2 g|