This pasta is a simple solution to those mid-week pasta cravings. You can't go wrong with a dish the whole family will love, and it can be packed into lunches!
- 375 g penne pasta
- 500 g chicken thigh fillet cut into strips halved crossways
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini halved lengthways sliced diagonally
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus trimmed cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 cup passata sauce
- ½ cup sundried tomato pesto
- 1 cup fresh basil
- finely grated Parmesan to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
- Add remaining oil to same pan with zucchini and asparagus over a medium to high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Return chicken to pan with pasta, reserved cooking liquid and combined passata and pesto. Stir for a further 2 to 3 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and pasta is hot. Remove. Stir in half the basil.
- Serve with grated parmesan. Garnish with remaining basil.
Penne can be replaced with any short-shaped pasta. This dish is best served as soon as it is cooked.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||75.9 g|
|- Sugars||10.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.6 g|