- Serves 4
This classic chow mein is one of the simplest dishes for weeknight dinners – it's tasty too! The family will love the mixture of sauce flavours and juicy pork.
- 350 g packet fresh chow mein noodles
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 500 g pork stir-fry strips
- 200 g packet fresh coleslaw
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 green spring onions thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 bunch pak choy trimmed thinly shredded
- ½ cup oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- toasted sesame seeds to serve
- Prepare chow mein noodles according to packet directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large wok over a high heat. Add pork in two batches. Stir-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
- Add remaining oil to same hot wok. Add coleslaw and celery. Stir-fry for 1 minute
- Return pork to wok with noodles, onions, pak choy and combined sauces and sesame oil. Stir-fry for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until pork is cooked.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Garnish with extra green spring onions.
Pak choy is available from major supermarkets. Pork can be replaced with beef or chicken, for a change.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||63.6 g|
|- Sugars||4.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.7 g|