Combine creamy peanut butter with chocolate and salted caramel in this incredible brownie... Best of all, it contains the US chocolate Reese's pieces – yum!
- 200 g block dark chocolate chopped
- 150 g unsalted butter chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g gluten-free miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cups halved
- vanilla ice-cream
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ½ cup water
- 300 ml pure cream carton
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- To make salted caramel, combine sugar and water in a large saucepan over a low heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Gently boil, without stirring, for about 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Immediately remove from heat.
- Add cream to pan. Return to heat. Bring to boil. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, or until slightly thickened and sauce is dark golden. Stir in salt. Transfer to a heatproof jug. Stand at room temperature for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until melted and smooth. Transfer to a large, heatproof bowl. Cool slightly (about 10 minutes).
- Add sugar, eggs and combined sifted flour, cocoa and baking powder to chocolate mixture. Stir until combined. Fold in half the peanut butter cups. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth over top.
- Pour over 1/3 cup of the salted caramel. Scatter with remaining peanut butter cups. Refrigerate remaining salted caramel, covered, until ready to serve.
- Cook brownie in a moderately slow oven (160°C) for 45 minutes, or until just firm to the touch. Remove. Cool completely in pan.
- Heat reserved sauce in a microwave on High for about 1 minute, or until warm.
- Cut brownie into squares. Serve with warm salted caramel and ice-cream.
Peanut butter cups are available from major supermarkets.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||22.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||90.1 g|
|- Sugars||74.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.3 g|