- Serves 24
You love classic macaroons, but have you tried them in slice form? This delicious slice is sure to become your next favourite – and a hit at your next party.
- 395 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup natural coloured glace cherries coarsely chopped
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 100 g unsalted butter melted
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Combine flour, sugar and butter in a bowl. Stir until combined. Press over base of prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for about 12 minutes, or until light golden. Remove from oven. Cool slightly
- To make topping, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until combined. Spoon over base. Spread to edges. Don’t smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Remove. Cool completely in pan.
- Remove from pan. Cut into squares
Slice can be made up to four days ahead. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||23.9 g|
|- Sugars||18.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.5 g|