- Serves 6
The crunchy, golden, potato topping is what really sets this casserole apart from others. Everyone will love the flavour and contrasting textures. Dig in!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 kg boneless beef blade steak, cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 785 g jar tomato and garlic pasta sauce
- 2 cups frozen peas, corn and carrots
- 750 g packet frozen potato gems
- Heat 2 tbsps olive oil in a flameproof casserole dish (16-cup capacity) over a high heat. Add beef in three batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until browned all over. Remove.
- Add onions to same dish over a medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until soft. Stir in pasta sauce and 1 cup water.
- Return beef to dish with any meat juices. Bring to boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Cook in a slow oven (150°C) for 1 hour, 35 minutes. Remove from oven. Stir in frozen carrot, peas and corn. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange frozen potato gems over casserole. Return to oven.
- Cook, uncovered, in a very hot oven (220°C) for a further 25 minutes, or until top is golden and crisp. Serve.
You can use your preferred pasta sauce and frozen vegetables in this recipe.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||44.5 g|
|- Sugars||10.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.2 g|