A creamy casserole packed with fresh mushrooms and tender chicken is the ideal family weeknight meal. You can even serve it with pasta to make it extra special!
- 1.5 kg organic skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets trimmed halved
- 1 large leek halved lengthways
- 500 g punnet large mushrooms halved
- 420 g can canned condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- cooked linguine to serve (optional)
- Heat an oiled, large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove.
- Add leek and mushrooms to same dish with 2 tbsps olive oil, over a medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until leek is soft. Stir in soup.
- Return chicken to dish. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Gently boil for 15 minutes. Remove lid
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for a further 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with linguine (optional).
White cup mushrooms are available from major supermarkets. They can be replaced with whole button mushrooms.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||9.3 g|
|- Sugars||3.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.6 g|