- Serves 6
This con carne is packed with delicious Mexican chipotle flavour and roasted red peppers. With a serving size of 6, it's the perfect dinner party meal.
- 1 bunch fresh coriander washed trimmed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken thigh fillets (1.5 kg) trimmed halved crossways
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 x 410 g canned crushed tomatoes
- 400 g canned kidney beans drained rinsed
- 330 g canned roasted red pepper in brine drained chopped
- 2 Tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- sour cream to serve
- avocado sliced to serve
- easy-cook white long grain rice to serve
- Finely chop coriander stems. You will need ¼ cup. Set aside some leaves to garnish.
- Heat oil in a large flameproof casserole dish (16-cup) over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onions, garlic and coriander stems to dish. Cook, stirring occasionally until soft. Add paprika. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, beans, peppers and chipotle sauce. Return chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Cover with lid.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160°C) for about 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve with sour cream, avocado and steamed rice. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Chipotle in adobo sauce is a hot chilli sauce available in the Mexican section of major supermarkets.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||20.3 g|
|- Sugars||11.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.8 g|