Delish Indian-style curried chicken with coconut rice is so good, it will have you cooking up more another night!
- 4 x 200 g chicken breast fillets
- ⅓ cup Thai yellow curry sauce
- 2 Tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups jasmine rice
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- salt, to taste
- Toss chicken with combined paste and yoghurt. Arrange in single layer in a roasting pan lined with baking paper.
- Cook chicken in a very hot oven (220°C) for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make coconut rice.
Combine rice, milk and 1¾ cups water in a large saucepan. Season with salt. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, coriander and juice in a bowl.
- Serve chicken with rice and tomato mixture.
Any flavoured curry paste can be used in this recipe, such as red or green. Check individual heat ratings on the jar.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||64.2 g|
|- Sugars||4.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.8 g|