- Serves 2
This scrumptious salmon for two is a healthy, flavoursome fish dish that is sure to please. Combined with a garlic mash and fresh herbs, it's hard to beat.
- ½ tsp no-added salt chicken stock
- 375 ml boiling water
- ¼ cup dill stalks and sprigs
- 5 black peppercorns
- 3 slices lemon
- 300 g boneless skinless salmon fillet, halved crossways
- ½ tsp gluten-free cornflour
- 2 Tbsp light evaporated milk
- 2 tsp chopped dill
- freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved, steamed, to serve
- 1 large zucchini, thickly sliced, steamed, to serve
- 500 g Carisma potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp low-fat milk, warmed
- To make the garlic mash, put the potato and garlic in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, partially covered, for 15-20 minutes or until potato is tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, place the stock powder, water, dill, peppercorns and lemon in a medium non-stick frying pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add salmon and reduce heat to medium-low. Place a round of baking paper over the ingredients (to help retain the moisture) and cook for 10 minutes or until salmon is just cooked. Transfer salmon to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Drain poaching liquid, reserving 125ml (½ cup).
- Wipe out the pan used for the salmon. Combine the cornflour and reserved poaching liquid in a small bowl. Stir in the evaporated milk and pour mixture into the pan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until the sauce comes to a simmer. Simmer for 4-5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in the chopped dill. Season with pepper.
- Mash the potato until almost smooth. Add milk and beat until completely smooth. Divide mash, brussels sprouts and zucchini between plates. Top with salmon and spoon over sauce. Serve.
PER SERVE 2243kJ, protein 45g, total fat 22g (sat. fat 4.7g), carbs 33g, fibre 10g, sodium 286mg
• Carb exchanges 2¼
• GI estimate low
• Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||42.0 g|
|- Sugars||10.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.5 g|