- Serves 1
This tart both looks and tastes like it belongs in a fancy restaurant, but the secret is that it can be made in just 25 mins! Whip it up as a weeknight main.
- ¼ sheet 25% reduced-fat puff pastry sheet
- 1 tsp gluten-free basil pesto
- 1 apple, quartered, thinly sliced
- olive oil spray
- fresh lemon juice to drizzle
- 10 g goat's cheese
- 5 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 60 g canned baby beets, drained, cut into wedges
- 1 celery stick diagonally sliced
- 25 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- balsamic glaze to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan-forced). Line a small baking tray with baking paper. Place the pastry on the prepared tray and lightly score a line around square about 0.5cm in from the edge.
- Spread pesto over the middle of the pastry. Top with half of the sliced apple, overlapping slightly. Spray with cooking spray. Place remaining apple in a medium bowl with a drizzle of lemon juice. Set aside.
- Bake tart for 10 minutes. Crumble the goat’s cheese over the top of the apple and scatter with walnuts. Bake for 2-3 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Place the tart on a serving plate and top with the parsley leaves. Add the beets, celery and spinach to the apple mixture and toss to combine. Serve the tart with the salad, drizzling over the balsamic glaze, if you like.
Try replacing the walnuts with slivered almonds and the spinach with rocket.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.6 g|
|- Sugars||28.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.1 g|