- Serves 4
Here at Foodiful HQ, we always think cheese is a good idea! Try this delish dessert – a baked ricotta packed with irresistible citrusy flavours. Serve with cream.
- 30 g butter softened
- 3 Tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 400 g firm ricotta cheese
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped (or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- creme fraiche (or thickened cream) to serve
Orange syrup plums
- 50 g caster sugar
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 6 firm, plums (or nectarines or peaches), halved and quartered
- To prepare plums, place sugar, orange zest and juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add plums, cover and cook gently for 5-10 minutes until tender; the cooking time will depend on the ripeness of the plums. Remove plums with a slotted spoon. Simmer poaching liquid for 3-4 minutes or until reduced by about half.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C. Butter a 18-20cm baking dish or cake tin. Place butter, sugar, flour and maple syrup in a bowl and beat with electric beaters until smooth. Gently stir in ricotta, vanilla and eggs until combined.
- Spoon into prepared tin, smooth the top and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Bake for about 25 minutes or until light golden and puffed up; it’s fine for the top to still have a very slight wobble. Rest for 3 minutes.
- Serve cut into wedges, accompanied by plums and orange syrup and a dollop of crème fraîche.
Crème fraîche is a slightly soured thick cream with a rich, subtly tart flavour. Find it in the dairy section of supermarkets.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||46.7 g|
|- Sugars||38.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.0 g|