Make a marvellous mushy soup your goal this week with this simple recipe. It's deliciously creamy, and it's green so you know it's packed with healthiness.
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300 g Carisma potatoes
- 500 ml salt-reduced vegetable stock cubes (or gluten-free)
- 625 ml low-fat milk
- 120 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 80 ml light cooking cream, thickened
- 50 g 25% reduced-fat vintage cheddar, grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- 40 g slice sourdough bread, per person, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes or until the mushrooms soften. Remove and reserve 1/2 cup of the mushrooms (if you like, they are to place on top of the soup at the end).
- Add the potatoes, stock and milk to the pan. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, partially covered, for 20 minutes or until the potato is every tender. Stir in the spinach leaves. Set the soup aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor. Cover and blend until mushrooms and spinach are finely chopped and the soup is blended. Return to the pan and stir in the cream and cheese. Stir over low heat until warmed through.
- Divide soup between serving bowls. Spoon a little of the reserved mushrooms on top of each bowl and sprinkle with pepper. Serve with the bread.
Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Alternatively, freeze for up to 4 months.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.9 g|
|- Sugars||8.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.9 g|