- Serves 2
These mushrooms are quite literally stuffed with flavour, making them a delicious and diabetic friendly light meal for two. You'll love these flavoursome parcels!
- 500 g fresh mushrooms, stalks removed
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 30 g prosciutto, finely chopped
- 250 g tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh herbs
- 10 g Parmesan
- 20 g dried gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 20 g rocket leaves to serve
- 2 lemons cut into wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 190 C (fan-forced). Line a medium ovenproof dish with baking paper. Place the mushrooms, gill side up in the dish.
- Finely chop the mushroom stalks. Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the mushroom stalks, garlic, zucchini, onion and prosciutto. Cook, stirring often, for 6-7 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the tomatoes and increase heat to high. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the tomatoes soften. Combine the herbs and Parmesan. Add half to the pan and reserve the remaining mixture.
- Divide the filling between the mushrooms. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs. Bake mushrooms for 15 minutes or until tender. Place on serving plates. Sprinkle with the remaining herb mixture and serve with the rocket leaves and lemon wedges.
You can replace the rocket leaves with any salad leaves and for an extra hit of sweetness use cherry tomatoes in the stuffing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.1 g|
|- Sugars||13.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.5 g|