This cheesy risotto uses healthy goat's cheese for an irresistible flavour you can pair with lamb cutlets. It's a diabetic friendly meal that only takes 35 mins!
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ leek, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 400 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g basmati rice
- 310 ml boiling water
- 1 salt-reduced vegetable stock cube
- 200 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- ½ bunch beetroot leaves, washed, chopped
- 40 g goat's cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lamb cutlets
- olive oil cooking spray
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek, garlic, thyme and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, for 7-10 minutes or until the leek and mushrooms are very soft.
- Increase heat to high and add the rice. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Combine the boiling water and stock cube in a jug. Add 250ml (1 cup) of the stock and stir well. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the rice is almost tender.
- Add the remaining stock, sugar snap peas and beetroot leaves to the pan. Stir well. Cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 2-3 minutes or until the leaves wilt, the peas are tender crisp and the rice is just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a small chargrill pan over high heat. Season the lamb cutlets with pepper and spray with cooking spray. Add to the chargrill and cook for 1 1/2-2 minutes each side, for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Stir the goat’s cheese into the risotto. Serve with the lamb cutlets
Per Serve: 1588kJ, protein 28g, fat 14.6g (sat fat 5.8g), carbs 27g, fibre 9g, sodium 680mg. Carb exchanges 1 3/4. estimated GI low. Lower carb option. Gluten free.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||50.7 g|
|- Sugars||8.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.7 g|