- Serves 6
With only 15 mins prep time, this is a new slow-cooker favourite. It's perfect for mid-winter weeknight dinner and the whole family will adore the flavour.
- 1.5 kg beef chuck steak cut into 1.5 cm pieces
- 250 g mushrooms
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 250 ml red wine
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 6 leaves sage
- 1 Tbsp rosemary
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp dried porcini mushrooms
- finely grated zest 1 lemon
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper to season
- cooked fettuccine pasta, to serve
- fried sage, to serve
- lemon cut into wedges, to serve
- Put beef in the bowl of a 5L slow cooker. Top with mushrooms, onion, carrot, celery, garlic and
tomato paste. Pour over wine and stock. Add herbs, nutmeg, porcini mushrooms and lemon zest. Stir. Place bowl in appliance, cover with lid and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Remove bowl from appliance, remove lid and season. Spoon ragu over pasta, top with fried
sage leaves and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
To make fried sage leaves, heat 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat until hot. Fry 8 sage leaves at a time until crisp (about 3 seconds per side). Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||62.1 g|
|- Sugars||5.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.7 g|